Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Art is my love

  I would like for you to look forward to seeing my work (when I learn how to put it on the blog), and be a part of the excitement I feel when discovering my next painting.  About the time I think there is nothing else to paint, up pops a beautiful scene, a bright piece of fruit, coloroful flowers, a picture in my mind, something with lots of texture, a childs comment, or a ride in the country, an intriguing shadow, or perhaps  simply the feelings of colors blending together, making a statement.
 My first painting was done out of boredom. We had just moved from Washington State to Dallas Texas and I knew no one except the lady across the street.  I met her because my oldest boy insisted on climbing her mimosa tree.  She insisted he didn't, so thus I became involved in the convesrsation.  We soon discovsered we had something in common....both our husband were always at work, and we both wanted to paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment