Monday, October 18, 2010

Birthday Party

What a wonderful day I had yesterday. My grandson turned two years of age. Yep, he's a handful.  I spent the day at his house, with my daughter, son-in-law and grandaughter  What a treat!!  Not only that but my two sons were there also and it's always nice to get the "kids" together.  Its' fun to just sit back and watch the conversation flow between them, and to know that they genuinly care about each other.  That's almost a rarity in this day and age. My other grandsone is away at college.  What a bright person he is.
  This gave me a chance to meet some really wonderful people who are Karen's friends, and what a collection of original thinking, creative people. 
  I'm not really compuer friendly (that's probably the understatement of the  year), however Karen says I should blog, so you always do what your kids say...or not.
At any rate, I intend to do this with an open mind and look forward to meeting some wonderful people. 
  The other bit of learning is the fact that I've opened an etsy account to display my art work.  I've been teaching and studying for the last forty years and have at last decided to sell my work. I would love for you to puruse my store.  It's etsy dot com, then go to paintings / then to joellenart.  Now I realize that most of  you know how to make your way through a computer program, but not me, so I'll do it my way and go step by step.  Actually that's what I call my theme song."I'll do it my way".  When I finally "pop off" the kids should throw a party, have a few drinks, sing my song, and remember that Mom was whatever they think.  I'm certain they have very definite ideas, I've not exactly been a shrinking violet in my adult years.  My left hand is a little weak, with a mind of its own, so if you see lots of mistakes, primarily "S" and "E", just know my hand was doing its thing
  My art mind is calling me, I've things to do, so have a great day and know that life is beautiful, some days it doesn't seem that, but the great thing about a bad day is the thought that it can only get better.  Believe me, I've been there.

1 comment:

  1. Mom, glad you had fun! Now we need to get you set up on facebook and find your friends and family/relatives!

    ReplyDelete